Many people say that it is impossible to handle pool deck resurfacing without a professional giving you a hand. We beg to differ. Yes, you can spice up and resurface your swimming pool decks with no expert assistance at all.
And today’s piece will show you how.
A Quick Fact Check: What Is Pool Deck Resurfacing
If you see those vivid, fancy-looking, and well-functioning pool decks, you might wonder how they came to be. Resurfacing is the way to achieve such results. It is the process of retouching pool decks and concrete, thus giving them a new shot at existence. The resurfacing involves installing coatings and sealers that make the surface serve its function better. And resurfacing is also an option to make your decks more aesthetically pleasing. Companies like Pool Deck Resurfacing Orlando, can help you achieve a pool finish that’s worth your while.
Pool Deck Resurfacing Options
Numerous refinishing choices are available in the market. Here are some of the popular picks.
Pool deck stamping makes use of preset stamps you can install on your surfaces. The best thing about stamping is that you can customize the stamps to look like stone, wood, and other things.
Stains are a one-of-a-kind approach when it comes to pool resurfacing. There are two types of stains: acid stains and water stains. Each type of stain has its share of perks and other advantages.
Stencils offer flexibility when it comes to design. And the finished product looks as if bricks, stone, and other materials have been placed individually on your deck.
The Benefits Of Resurfacing Your Concrete Pool Decks
If you think that appeal is the only thing you get for improving your pool surfaces, you are dead wrong! Here are some of the advantages of pool deck resurfacing.
- Better Than Ever
Ordinary concrete looks gray and dull. But with a well-done refinishing job, that simple pool deck will stand out like no other. Swimming and pool-side chilling will become an experience like no other.
- More Savings
Installing an overlay on your pool deck surface protects it from weathering, damage, and other things. And doing so allows you to save some of that precious cash you might use for repairs and retouching.
Resurfacing improves the flooring’s quality and efficiency, making it last for years to come. The coating protects the concrete underneath from weathering, damage, and heavy foot traffic.
- Safety And Comfort
Pool decks tend to chip and crack, making them hard to walk on. And thanks to resurfacing, you don’t have to worry about these problems any longer. Resurfacing your pool deck makes it slip-resistant, foot-friendly, and comfortable to walk on.
The Refinishing Process
There are many ways to resurface a deck. And we saved you to the trouble of searching for one. Here is a quick rundown of how resurfacing works step by step.
- The first step is to prepare the materials you will use, plus the surface you will work on. You might need to grind the concrete as well.
- The next step is to eliminate any dirt or debris that might make the coating uneven. You can do this part with a pressure water hose or a broom.
- Next comes the preparation of the coating mixture. You may add any other colors or extra additives to your compound before installation.
- Now comes the application. You either use a spray or trowel the mixture on your pre-existing concrete. This part is the best time to add any additional decorative elements.
- Allow the finish to cure or dry. The curing process takes at least a week or more, depending on the product you use.
- The last part of the resurfacing workflow is to apply sealing coatings. Sealers are the front liners of the resurfacing world. They provide the primary protection for the resurfacing underneath. You can place them yourself or let local professionals like Deck Sealing Los Angeles, do it for you.
Turning that resurfacing job into a DIY takes a lot of patience, discipline, and skill. Working on your property is both exciting and rewarding. But, sometimes, things don’t go as planned. There might be a time you can’t squeeze a moment to do some pool deck work. In this case, it’ll be best to let the professionals do it instead. Hiring experts does cost a bit higher. However, the results they’ll deliver are outstanding. And you can take care of other more important things while they get down to business. Now, that’s a win-win, if you ask us.