Finding the best appliance repair company in Toronto, Ontario (Canada) is now easier than ever. Various highly rated companies are available in most areas of the city, as well as the Great Toronto Area (GTA) and outlying suburbs.
Do not hesitate to contact one today for more information.
Appliance Repair Types
Various types of appliance repair services are offered by most companies. These include:
- Washer/Dryers–Top loading, front loading, built in, and stand alone.
- Refrigerators – French door, side by side, top and bottom mount, stand alone, built in, freezers, and coolers.
- Stove/Oven – Electric range, electric stove and oven, gas range and cooktop, built in oven, and stand alone range.
- Dishwashers – Built in, freestanding, hidden fully integrated, drawer, slim line, and compact.
- Microwaves– Built in, countertop, above the range, under cabinet, under counter, grill oven, and convection oven.
Many appliance repair companies also offer both residential and commercial appliance repairs.
Common Appliance Problems
Common appliance problems include:
- Washer/Dryers–Water not draining, agitator not functioning, odd noises, door not latching, overfilling, failing to drain, wobbling, leaking, worn or broken drive belts, as well as no heat, unusual drum movement, and not drying.
- Refrigerators – Worn electrical wiring, door gaskets unable to seal properly, problems with the defrost heater, malfunctioning control modules, rattling noises, clicking sounds, loud defroster motor, odd sounds from the evaporator fan, and inaccurate thermostat.
- Stove/Oven – Inability to maintain temperature, overheating or lack of heating, broken knobs, cracked glass range, timer problems, cooktop problems, timer problems, faulty indicator light, poor heating, incorrect temperatures, and electric range problems.
- Dishwashers – Water drainage problems, unusual noises, cycle issues, filling issues, and dirty and wet dishes. In addition, there can be leaks around the outside of the unit and a lack of heat.
- Microwaves – Display problems, lightbulb problems, sparking, failing to turn on, turntable problems, and button problems. Common parts that need to be replaced include the magnetron, diode, door, power cord, handle, glass tray, and drive motor.
Cost of Appliance Repair
The cost of appliance repair varies, depending on geographical area, type of appliance, and type of repair. Appliance repair in the downtown core will be slightly more expensive than areas, such as the Beaches, North York, Scarborough, and Etobicoke. Appliances that are older, unusual, or those with parts that are no longer manufactured will be costlier as well. In addition, gas water heaters, stoves, fireplaces and dryers are often costlier than electric powered ones. Accessibility of the appliance is one final consideration in regard to cost. Appliances that are hard to reach will often cost more than easily accessible ones.
In general, appliance repair costs about $170 CAD, and ranges from $105 to $240 CAD. This total includes parts and the $50 to $150 CAD hourly appliance repair technician rate. Costs can increase to $350 CAD in some cases. A refrigerator will usually cost between $100 to $450 CAD to repair, while a dryer is similarly priced at $100 to $430 CAD. Specifically, a gas dryer repair will cost between $50 and $150 CAD, while a dryer belt replacement will cost approximately $200 CAD.
A washing machine will cost approximately $100 to $350 CAD, while a dishwasher will cost $160 to $300 CAD. Finally, an oven range will cost $100 to $340 CAD, while a microwave can range from $50 to$400 CAD for repairs, depending on the problem. A heating element will cost between $10 and $70 CAD. Specially, a stove heating element cost between $10 and $30 CAD, an oven heating element between $30 and $40 CAD, a dryer heating element costs $30 to $60 CAD, and a toaster oven heating element costs between $15 and $70 CAD. In addition, keep in mind that calling an appliance repair technician often involves a service fee of $100 to $150 CAD.
Choosing the Perfect Appliance Repair Technician
Asking friends, family, and coworkers for recommendations is the easiest way to find the perfect Toronto appliance repair technician. It is also possible to do a quick search on your favorite search engine and then narrow down these choices through Google reviews, or other review site, such as the Better Business Bureau (BBB) or Yelp.
In addition, many Toronto appliance repair companies now have social media accounts, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn. Best sure to ask specific questions regarding training and certifications. In addition, ask about their level of experience. How many years have they been in the business? Ask about references as well, including current and past customers. Ensure that they are part of professional organizations and associations. Finally, be sure to ask about their treatment of manufacturer warranties.