A recent health phenomenon has rocked the world, and yes, it’s no other than the Coronavirus or COVID-19. It’s been two months since its infamous outbreak that started in Wuhan, China. People are cramming and becoming anxious about its severity. The search for ways on how to prevent coronavirus has increased. Honestly, we can’t blame them, because this disease is fatal. It even has a two percent fatality rate according to several studies.
However, in this world full of uncertainties, how can we be so sure?
What Really is Coronavirus?
Coronavirus is the general term we use to refer to COVID-19, but coronavirus is actually a family of coronaviruses with different strains. These various strains of viruses range from the common cold to severe diseases. COVID-19 is the specific term used to refer to the coronavirus that began in Wuhan, China. It’s a disease related to other coronaviruses that both became significant outbreaks in the past few years, namely Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS) and Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS).
How to Prevent the Spread of Coronavirus?
Aside from knowing what this vicious disease is, it is also equally important to understand how to prevent coronavirus from spreading. The same concern also goes to how do we prevent ourselves from acquiring such a deadly disease. There are many ways on how to avoid it, which include hiring a maid service and washing your hands as frequently as possible.
Amid the concerted effort to contain it, we all agree that the COVID-19 pandemic has rocked the world in proportions never seen before in recent years. Even as the vaccines are being rolled out in various parts of the globe, it’s still upon each person to protect himself or herself and their loved ones from the ranging pandemic. Important ways to curb the pandemic include sanitizing, wearing a mask, and keeping social distance. You should also avoid crowded places unless you must be there. If you do, remember to keep social distance and observe other regulations. It’s equally important to use the right type of PPEs. For instance, the N95 mask is the one approved by the World Health Organization (WHO). You can get this type of mask from DmbSupply.
Below is an extensive list of our tips that you should check and apply to your home for protection.
- Wash your hands regularly – As long as you have access, wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. There is a dire need to do so, especially after going to the bathroom, after blowing your nose, before eating, sneezing, and coughing. Making regular or frequent hand washing as a habit would help keep viruses at bay.
- Maintain social distance – This is another tip you should apply. Make sure to keep a distance of 3 feet or 1 meter from anyone who is sneezing or coughing. This social distancing will allow you to ward off any tiny liquid droplets that potentially have the viruses from entering your body. Remember, when someone is sneezing or coughing, you may breathe in the tiny liquid droplets that contain the viruses. This possibility is another reason why we also recommend for you to hire a house cleaning service because constant overall cleaning of your home will let you kill those viruses possibly lurking in.
- Practice proper hygiene – It’s a classic tip for any disease outbreaks. Make it a habit to ensure that you take a bath frequently, especially if you live in tropical areas. Brush your teeth and anything that can make you clean.
- Avoid touching your mouth, nose, and eyes – Your hands can touch a lot of different surfaces, and that’s one of the things that can make you get into contact with viruses. Once your hands are contaminated, they can transfer the viruses to your mouth, nose, and eyes.
- Stay at home when you are sick – If possible, we suggest you stay at home when you are sick or even feeling sick. Staying at home is one of the measures that the Centers for Disease and Control Prevention has advised. No questions, when you stay at home when you are sick, you are decreasing your chance of spreading any possible virus from you to others. Moreover, when you are sick, it means that your immune system is weak, so you have to stay at home so you won’t be exposed to other viruses as much as possible.
- Seek medical help early – In case you are really sick, please immediately seek the help of medical professionals. This measure will help you get treated the most appropriate way. Once your health care providers are also aware of your condition, they can direct you to the right health care facility when needed.
- Use a face mask when you are sick, and you have to go out – The older adults, children, and people with existing diseases are the most vulnerable. These people can easily acquire viruses because their immune systems are weak. If you happen to be one of these groups of individuals, kindly use a face mask when going out.
- Cover your mouth and nose when you are coughing or sneezing – We suggest you cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing using your bent elbow (if you don’t have a tissue) and of course, a tissue that you have to discard after using. Covering your mouth and nose is a preventive courtesy that will help you stop spreading any viruses, especially the recent COVID-19 virus, in case if you have one.
- Disinfect your hands with rubbing alcohol when needed – When washing with soap and water is not possible due to inaccessibility, it is best if you have rubbing alcohol with at least a 60% solution. Disinfecting is recommended, especially if you are traveling, and it’s convenient because you can just grab a small bottle and disinfect your hands. However, when you’re just at home, always consider a maid service that can help you extensively clean and disinfect your home.
- Boost your immune system – This is not commonly mentioned in other articles, but for us, we recommend this. Boosting your immune system is an invaluable tip that we hope you’ll consider as well. Strengthening your immunity will take some time because you have to establish a healthy lifestyle first. You can do so by consuming healthful food and drinks and taking a megadose of vitamin C. Once you have a robust immune system, you’ll help protect yourself and your family from acquiring viruses.
- Hire a house cleaning service – Yes, we have mentioned it already. We highly recommend that you hire a house cleaning service or maid service that does major house cleaning. Whether you have the time to do it on your own or not, still, we recommend it because these house cleaning services have products and tools to ensure that your entire home is disinfected of any possible viruses living inside your home.
Well, that was such an extensive list of tips, but we know they’re a lot helpful. There are various ways how to prevent coronavirus, and it’s a great deal to consider each one of these ways. After all, prevention is still better than cure, especially with COVID-19.