Septic tanks are an indispensable part of every household. They are the main component in the wastewater plumbing process, but let’s be real. How often do you actually think about the septic tank? Many people don’t think about it either until something goes wrong. When it comes to that, it could be too late to fix the problem, and it could cost you so much and even danger you or your household.
If it comes to this, maybe you’ll need to buy a completely new septic tank, so it would be great to know something more about it, like what types exist and which one is the best. For some more details, continue reading.
What Types of Septic Tank Exist?
There are two basic septic tank types: plastic and concrete. They might seem the same, but it’s not like that at all. Both of these types have their advantages and disadvantages, and we are going to make a list and analyze it.
Concrete plastic tanks
As the name suggests, concrete is a standard building material for this type of tank. Here is the list of the things you’ll need to know about it:
- Because of the building material, this type of septic tank is long-lasting. It could last up to 40 years or more with the proper maintenance and regular draining.
- There are much lower chances of damaging these tanks accidentally. When you are doing some work on your property, if you have regular plastic tanks, you’ll need to pay attention not to damage them because it could be very expensive.
- They are very durable.
- Concrete tanks don’t need that much maintenance as plastic ones because they are really resilient.
- They are so heavy, and they can reach 1,500 kilograms. You’ll need to use special equipment for installation, which could be costly.
- There is a chance of cracking if the material is not well mixed during casting. When the tank cracks, there is a place for roots to grow, and the tank will affect the environment badly because of the leaking water.
Plastic tanks are less heavy than concrete, and they are probably a better solution if you have a limited budget because their price is about $1,000. Let’s take a look at some other characteristics:
- This type of septic tank is resistant to water-based corrosion, so you don’t have to worry about that.
- Plastic tanks can not crack easily because of their flexibility. This factor can mean a lot for transporting. You don’t need to worry about possible damages.
- Their weight is around 200 kilograms, which is a very important factor, because of the cheaper and easier installation.
- They may require more maintenance than concrete tanks, but if you do that properly, they can last up to 30 years.
- On the other side, they could be damaged by other factors like driving vehicles over that area.
Which One Is The Best?
If you are buying a septic tank, try to consider all these factors. One thing is sure- both types need proper maintenance. If you have any other questions, contact the septic tank cleaning Miami, and they will try to help you with choosing which one to choose- plastic or concrete septic tank.