Today, smart home lighting is no longer a rarity. However, many users are not sufficiently aware of this subsystem’s role in the overall system of a smart home. Smart country house lighting automatically adjusts the light intensity in all rooms. You can also use it to select the color of the radiation. Using motion sensors, the system detects someone’s presence in the room and turns on the light in one or more rooms.
A smart home lighting system has many benefits, but let’s discuss its functions and needs first.
Why do you need “smart lighting?”
Smart lighting allows you to control the operation of devices not only inside but also outside the house. The system is connected to lamps in the house, street lamps, and spotlights around the building’s entire perimeter. Smart home lighting system allows to control and regulate the operation of all listed devices. Illuminators are included in the system through controllers. Sensors and detectors monitor changes in various events. For example, a light level sensor detects dimness, signaling the onset of night. Then the sensor sends a signal, which is processed and sent to the appropriate controller. Already with its help, a particular group of lighting devices is connected.
Smart Light Functions
Depending on the time of day, the system turns on or off the lighting outside and inside the building. These functions also depend on the presence of people in the room. Smart lighting also allows you to select fixture modes, depending on the available scenarios. So, at night, only point lighting is turned on (bedside lamps, sconces, etc.), and the main radiation is extinguished. Many intelligent software solutions allow you to adjust home theater functions, lighting, and more. For the user, an automatic light is as easy to operate as a regular light bulb. All system logic is planned at the development stage. To control the light, the user just needs to adjust the indicators on the panel. Its interface is clear and simple. This can be said not only about starting the system and shutting it down. Such systems include many elements:
- Because of motion sensors, the light is turned on at the right time in a specific room
- Dimmers that provide the maximum smoothness of light brightness changes
- Automatically opening blinds and curtains, electric cornices. These elements allow you to adjust the balance of artificial and natural lighting
- Devices that perform the functions of both conventional devices and “smart” ones. Moreover, they can be used both separately from the system, and in the case of connecting to it.
- System devices, which include logic modules and control panels. All of them are connected to one network with special wires.
Such equipment can interact with related devices in the smart lighting system and other engineering equipment. This allows for significant energy savings.
Benefits of Smart Lighting Control
Smart Lighting Control has many benefits:
- If music is playing loudly in the house, the beeps may not be heard. Such features are taken into account by the developers of smart lighting. The system is configured so that the lighting flashes several times when the bell is pressed. In this case, the lighting system “smart home” lighting works together with the security and multimedia system.
- Light signals can also be generated for other events. For example, a motion sensor will turn on the backlight if the child is awake. This will keep him safe from tripping. At the same time, the “smart home” lighting control system turns on the soft light at the parents too, so that they know what is happening in the child’s room. Such opportunities increase the safety of households and the convenience of using lighting.
- Because of sensors’ presence, it is possible to control lighting devices in the house intelligently. Security functions can also overlap with lighting. For example, you can connect a path lighting system near the house to it, which will be switched on from a motion sensor. Such solutions provide maximum comfort for homeowners. The system and the security function carry it out – uninvited guests will not approach the house when they enter the switched-on devices zone.
- Among the advantages of smart systems, it is worth highlighting the wide possibilities for creating different decor and atmosphere. It is not always possible to create a completely new environment in an apartment or house. This requires drastic changes, a large investment of time and money. However, with the use of a system of intelligent lighting control using lamps, it is possible to create new scenarios and atmosphere in the room.
There are many brands on the market. A variety of prices and a large selection of the offered products’ functions allow you to choose models for your needs. Smart systems are used to enhance the comfort of life. They are designed according to modern requirements and norms. Most of these products have the required set of functions.