Fall is coming to a close, meaning a harsh winter season is coming. Before you and your family endure the winter temperatures, now is a great time to get your AC system inspected and serviced by a professional. After a long winter hunkering indoors, your AC unit will have worked quite a bit of overtime. That’s why it’s important to schedule professional AC service before the winter to keep your AC system running in tip-top shape. In addition, with winter well on the way, every homeowner would be wise to schedule maintenance for their HVAC system.
The most common cause of AC system failures is a lack of regular maintenance, repair, or general neglect of the equipment. Homeowners who neglect their air conditioners are much more likely to experience a breakdown when they need it most. Not only will professional AC service prolong the lifespan of your unit, but it will also ensure that it runs more efficiently, saving you money on your energy bill.
Typical Problems Associated With AC Neglect
Despite the many credible sources of advice on AC maintenance, many people need help to keep up with their AC systems. Unfortunately, this oversight can lead to a few different problems, including:
- AC units that are not cooling efficiently.
- AC systems that produce a strange odor.
- AC units that require frequent repairs.
- Strange noises are coming from AC systems.
- Increased energy bills due to AC inefficiency.
- Moisture buildup around AC systems.
- Premature failure and replacement of an AC system
Now that you understand why preventative maintenance is necessary, let’s discuss other reasons why you should schedule maintenance for your AC system.
Reasons to Schedule Preventative Maintenance for your HVAC
So, you just checked your AC system and everything seemed to be working fine; you don’t need to worry about maintenance right now, right? Wrong. If you’re unsure whether preventative maintenance is necessary, here are several reasons why you need to do it
Regular HVAC maintenance reduces the risk of costly breakdowns by as much as 95% and benefits homeowners by:
- Reducing energy bills – By keeping up with preventive maintenance, you can avoid costly issues and keep your HVAC system running smoothly at peak efficiency. According to the U.S. Department of Energy, this can mean savings of up to 30% on your energy bill!
- Extending the Life of Your System – Scheduling AC service will help extend your AC system’s life. Typically annual checkups are all you need, but sometimes AC units require more frequent servicing.
- Prevent breakdowns – AC systems require regular maintenance to remain at peak performance levels. AC servicing can help prevent breakdowns, which are almost always more expensive than preventative maintenance. AC service will ensure your AC system is performing at its optimal level. In addition, AC units need to be in good working order to provide comfortable temperatures during the cold winter months.
- Staying under warranty – Most AC manufacturers require proof of annual AC service before they honor any repair claims under the contract. So investing in AC service can save you from more expensive repairs down the line.
Improve Air Quality
According to the EPA, indoor airborne pollutants are typically 2-5 higher; in some cases, levels could be 100 times higher than outdoors. This is an issue if you or anyone in your family has respiratory problems like asthma. Though we don’t think about it often, there are many respiratory irritants in our homes that we breathe in daily. These common indoor allergens include household dust, pet dander, cigarette smoke, pollen, and mold.
The House Will Be More Comfortable
Did you know that maintaining your HVAC system will evenly and steadily produce and distribute warm or cool air year-round? Although it’s frequently unnoticeable, proper maintenance is key to a well-functioning home. By taking preventive measures such as cleaning your ductwork, you can avoid more significant issues and ensure that your home maintains a comfortable temperature all year. Again, it frequently goes unnoticed, but proper maintenance is key to a well-functioning home.
The Importance of Hiring a Licensed Contractor
When scheduling professional AC service, be sure to hire a licensed contractor. To become licensed, contractors must prove they have the experience and knowledge to perform the job safely and correctly. A license also protects homeowners in case something goes wrong during work. In addition, the states license qualified contractors they reside in and must pass annual exams and background checks. If you hire an unlicensed contractor and something goes wrong, you could be left footing the bill for repairs or even replacement. To avoid this potential headache, take the time to verify that any contractor you hire is licensed and insured. Once you’ve done your due diligence, you can sit back and relax while your AC unit is professionally serviced. In addition, it may be best to consider purchasing any maintenance plans offered by the company working with you.
AC Maintenance Plans
Many AC companies offer maintenance plans for their customers; you can enjoy peace of mind for a small monthly fee and know that they will service your air conditioner regularly. These plans typically include two visits per year: one in the spring to prepare your unit for summer and one in the fall to prepare for winter. They will also check for Freon levels and make sure that all electrical components are working correctly. In short, they will do everything possible to ensure that your air conditioner runs as efficiently as possible. If they encounter any issues with how it’s running, they will contact you and advise you on the best course of action. When it comes to AC maintenance, regular AC service is essential for keeping your system running at peak efficiency.
AC Systems Can Benefit from High-quality Service
When it comes to AC service, prevention is critical. AC systems need routine maintenance to keep running, and the technicians at World Class Service can help you get the AC service you need. Our AC services are comprehensive and include inspecting, cleaning, and lubricating components to ensure everything runs smoothly. In addition, we use only the highest quality parts and materials for AC repair, so you can be sure that your AC system is getting world-class service.
Investing in AC maintenance and services can save you money down the road. Comprehensive AC services can help ensure that your system runs more efficiently, saves money in the long run, and keeps your home comfortable. We provide AC service and maintenance plans designed to suit any budget at World Class Services. If you have any questions or need a free quote, please contact us on our website at www.getworldclassservice.com.