Oh, Mississippi – the place where Elvis Presley was born and the place where the sun can be seen shining no matter what season it is. If you have chosen Mississippi to be your new home, you have made quite a smart choice, my friend. And speaking of a new home – What can be more exciting than buying a new house in a new place? By buying a new home, you are buying a place where you will get to create new memories, form a family, and grow old. Isn’t that what life is all about? But until you get to enjoy your new home, you know that you have to go through a rather long process of choosing the perfect house for you and your future family. You would not like anything to get in your way, especially not some nasty bed bugs, ants, termites, and even bats.
There is no place for the pest in any home, especially not in your beautiful new home that you have had your eye on. Not only can they cost you thousands of dollars by chewing their way through your wood, flooring, and even wallpapers while you are completely unaware of it, they can also be the cause of many health issues. So what is there to be done about it? The good news is that there is a lot that you can do to prevent pests from entering your new home, and we are about to share some effective tips that are meant to help you with pest control the best way that you can.
Tips for pest control in your new Mississippi home
- Get professional help. As soon as you find your perfect house, the next thing that you need to do is call pest inspection services to have a look around and see if any nasty pests are hiding inside or outside the house. If you end up choosing a home in Jackson, Mississippi, do call up Synergy². Synergy² is a family business that offers commercial and residential pest inspection services across Jackson, Mississippi. According to the thousands of satisfied homeowners who have had their share of pest-related issues, synergy² pest control is one of the best pest control businesses out there. They specialize in detecting and removing any pests, including termites, mice, rats, bats, flies, and even possums, squirrels, and raccoons. If you want to be safe and sure that there is no pest present in your home, Synergy² is awaiting your call.
- Keep any firewood and woodpiles at least 20 feet away from your home. Having some firewood neatly stacked in front of your home may add to the charm of your new home, and it may be convenient if you own a fireplace, but it is also not recommended. You see, firewood and woodpiles draw termites and serve as an entryway for them, pointing the way towards your home. Soon, those termites will be chewing on your nice wooden floors and cause more damage than you can think of.
- Upgrade your gutters. The first thing that you need to do when you arrive in your new home in Mississippi is to upgrade your gutters. You can easily find affordable splash blocks and down-spout extenders to divert the water from forming a swimming pool inside the gutters, which will eventually attract termites.
- Get informed whether wood mulch has been used. Many houses have wood mulch, which is used to create their initial foundation. What many people do not know is that wood mulch is the perfect environment for termites as it offers them food and moisture. Before you make the deal and sign any papers, inform yourself whether any wood mulch has been used in the building process of your perfect house. Not all wood mulch is bad. For example, having wood mulch at least 15 miles away from the initial foundation is considered safe and acceptable, although you will need to consult a professional in the years to come and keep an eye to the surface.
- Remove any tree stumps from your yard. Tree stumps are yet another thing that can easily add to the aesthetic of your dream house. But since tree stumps are still wood, they can easily attract termites of any kind, especially if the tree stump is in a rotting phase. Before you buy your new house, ask the previous owners if they can remove the tree stump. If that is not possible and you end up buying the house anyways, make sure to make it a priority to remove that and any other tree stump away from your new home.
- Watch out for those bed bugs. If your new home comes with used sofas and/or beds or any other furniture, make sure that you are on a high alert for any present bed bugs. Get informed whether the previous owners have experienced any bed bugs-related issues in the past and make sure that you get that old furniture checked for any bed bugs lying around. It is a good thing that Synergy² specializes in the removal of bed bugs as well.
There is nothing worse than having your beautiful, new home destroyed by the so-called “silent destroyers.” And to think that you are only a few steps away from them as far away as possible from your dreamy house. It all starts with ringing Synergy² if you are stationed in the heart of Mississippi – Jackson and letting them do what they do the best – killing off any pests that may be moving around in your new house. Some other tips would be to get your gutters cleaned and upgraded, get any old furniture checked, and keeping any wood away from your house.