Have you ever cleaned your home when someone is suffering from a cough or a fever? Have you ever wondered what would happen if you cleaned your house daily and no one will get infected? Well, disinfecting and cleaning your house is a regular day to day task, and we should do it every day. However, we have to be more careful during the flu season as someone from your family can be infected from outside contact and spread the germs inside the house.
We must say 2020 has named itself in the list of flu, fever, and cough. We must take prevention and care to clean our home and keep everyone safe. To clean the room during the flu season, first of all, we need to know which room and which surface have to be disinfected.
Rooms that have to be disinfected
During the flu season, it’s not obvious to disinfect the whole house. The bathroom, common room, and the kitchen are the rooms where most people gathered and contacted. Make sure that these rooms are disinfected properly and regularly during the flu season. Sometimes we share our rooms with other roommates. These rooms have to be cleaned properly and daily so that the surface and things of the room are not infected by any unwanted virus.
Surfaces which need attention to be cleaned
Usually, hard surfaces like floors, door handles, window, TV remote are the common breeding surfaces for germs. You need to pay more attention to these areas during the flu season, as most people are likely to touch these surfaces. Make a daily routine for every day to clean and disinfect these areas. According to microbiologists, germs can stay active on hard surfaces for 48 hours. So, you can’t skip your daily cleansing routine if you don’t want to get infected.
Here are some more things and areas which you need to clean daily during the flu season:
- Phone: Name one thing that you always keep outside and touch it frequently! Yeah, it’s your phone! We can not stay without touching it for five seconds as we are habituated to keep our eyes on the screen. During the flu season, we do the same thing, but we forget that we carry the virus on its surface. You need to clean your phone daily; furthermore, it should be cleaned right after you come back from outside. Using an alcohol pad will clean the surface quickly. Do not use sanitizer on the phone screen. Hence, your screen will be damaged.
- Tables: kitchen tables, dining tables, tea tables study tables need to be cleaned and disinfected daily with proper care and attention. If you are using a personal computer or laptop, do not forget to clean the mouse and keyboards as you have to touch them frequently.
- Stuffed animals and toys: If you have any kids in our house, make sure that their stuffed animals and toys are cleaned properly. Always pay your attention to the products and surfaces which are likely to be touched by the kids. Make sure those surfaces are cleaned twice as kids are more vulnerable to the virus.
- Napkins, towels, and bedsheets: Bedsheet should be changed after every two days during the flu season. On the other hand, napkins and towels should be cleaned and washed every day. And if there is any infected person in your house, make sure that their bedsheet, towels, napkins, and pillow covers are cleaned, washed, and disinfected every day.
Cleaning process during the flu season
Let’s talk about how we should clean the surfaces and things in order to not get infected. Here are some tips which will be helpful regarding this matter:
- Choose your cleaner properly: Choose a cleaner which can kill the flu virus. You don’t need to use those floral and elegant scented cleaners to clean your house in order to kill the virus. Pick those cleaners which have been tested and recommended by the laboratory. Alcohol, hydrogen peroxide, detergent, iodophors are the basic products that are used as cleaners.
- Use your cleaner properly: Spraying disinfectant products all over the place is not the perfect way to clean your surface. Read the instruction of the process and clean according to the instructions.
- Start using disposable things: Sometimes, cleaning things over and over again is frustration. Using disposable things can be very handy in this season.
- Make your morning routine: Each morning, when you get up from bed, your first task should be to make the bed and change the towels and the sponges from the washroom. Also, spray cleaner on the surface of the washroom and your room.
- Pay attention to the kitchen: The kitchen should be cleaned regularly and disinfected after finishing all the tasks.
During the flu season, we have to be careful and pay more attention to the cleaning process of our rooms and houses. Staying at home during the holiday with a high fever and cough is not pleasing and satisfying. Proper use of cleaners and daily cleaning can prevent us from getting infected by the flu virus.