One of the most unsightly issues that arise at home is mold growth. It appears as black spots, white patches, or orange film according to where they grow. The problem with molds is not only their unpleasant sight, but that they can make you sick as well. For instance, they can cause eye irritation, sore throats, sneezing, and skin rash amongst other things. In case you have an allergic reaction, breathing in mold can lead to asthmatic attacks.
That being said, we will provide you with ways to tackle this issue and eradicate it.
Wear Protective Gear
First of all, before attempting to fix any damage to the house or clean the mold, you should wear protective gear. This involves putting on rubber gloves, goggles, and a mask because the spores can cause lung irritation. You may think that this is a bit extreme, but this is for your own safety to steer clear from the consequences of having any kind of contact with the mold.
Get Rid of Moisture
The primary cause of mold is moisture, and that’s why you need to find the source and fix it. No matter how many hours you spend cleaning the house, if you don’t get rid of the moisture, mildew will keep growing. The solution can be as effortless as sealing leaky pipes, or as tedious as replacing the whole roof.
Humid places such as Broward County are famous for the high-frequency of mold growth. In this case, you will need to have a superb ventilation system, a dehumidifier, and multiple windows to allow in the fresh air. You should monitor them regularly and replace them if they are not working properly.
Seek Professional Help
Sometimes it is best to seek professional help before getting ready to wipe out the mold. This is because you may notice the growth after it has formed colonies, but what about the areas with few spores? If you live in a city known for its high levels of humidity such as Florida, consider hiring a mold testing company in Margate to guarantee that the house will be thoroughly inspected. Furthermore, some companies offer to renovate the place after getting damaged by molds. For example, they may be able to fix leaking pipes, holes in the walls, or ruined brickwork.
Use Cleaning Sprays
If you’d rather face the issue on your own, once you notice mold growth, you need to clean it immediately. You can do that using a special mildew spray that you can buy from detergent stores. If you want a more practical option, you can use diluted bleach as it has a lethal effect on mold. After applying the cleaning solution, use a piece of cloth to wipe it. Remember to throw out the rag to avoid mold spread in other areas.
It is hard to prevent the growth of mold or get rid of it completely, that’s why regular inspection will help you stay one step ahead. You shouldn’t underestimate its negative effect on the house’s infrastructure and your health. If you decide to take matters into your own hands, make sure that you are following the safety precautions.
Leave A Comment