It’s exciting to see what your home will look like after the construction is finally complete. It can also be a hassle clearing the post construction mess. Some contractors may include post construction cleaning in their service, although it might not follow your standards. What happens if it’s not included? There is no other choice but to do it yourself. There are a few post construction cleaning techniques that you should apply to ensure a properly clean home.
Here’s a quick guide to post construction cleaning devised by MaidForYou.
Removal of Debris
Debris is expected after the construction or renovation is done. Assorted trash is often left on the floor for you to clear. Post construction cleaning is vital as some of trash may be hazardous or can cause poisoning to your pets.
Quick Guide to Post Construction Debris Removal:
- Wear safety gear before starting to clear the construction debris.
- Segregate the bigger and smaller debris.
- Separate the recyclable materials such as cardboard, asphalt, glass, plastic, scrap metal and wood.
- Dispose of the post construction debris properly.
Dusting is an essential step after the construction. Proper dusting is important to ensure that all surfaces in your newly finished house are dirt free. It is also important to learn proper dusting techniques to avoid scattering the dirt on other parts of your home.
Proper Dusting Steps and Techniques:
- Start dusting from the ceiling and work your way down.
- Dusting should be done in one direction to avoid spreading the dirt. Make sure the duster is clean. Choosing the right dusting material is important to properly remove the dust on your wall.
Another way to remove dust after construction is vacuuming. There are different types of vacuums with different attachments for the floor and walls. Give attention to the carpet and furniture and ensure that every speck of dirt is removed. Dust is expected to accumulate after the construction.
Proper Vacuuming Steps and Techniques:
- Vacuum the edges of the room before the carpet.
- Vacuum horizontally… and vertically again! This trick can remove all the dirt in the floor and carpet especially pet hair and dander.
- Vacuum from the farthest corner away from the door and make your way out of the room.
- Use an air freshener to remove any smell or odour. It can freshen up the whole house and can also improve the air quality.
Wiping all Surfaces
Wiping all surfaces is the most obvious step that you need to do after the construction. It is important to wipe all the surfaces in your new home as dust will settle on the surface if you do not attend to it right away. Use a clean wet cloth for wiping. Microfiber cloth is recommended as it can easily absorb dirt. Check the top of the cabinets, baseboards, interior shelves and drawers.
Here are the parts of your home that are often overlooked:
- Small appliances
- Window sills
- Door knobs
- Ceiling fans
- Lamp shades
Pressure washing can help remove the dirt and smell in your newly constructed house. It can remove all the dirt from the edges of the room, windows and under the furniture. Pressure washing the exterior part of your home can also make the house look fresh from the outside.
These are five rules that you should remember when pressure washing your new house:
- Safety first.
- Close the windows when pressure washing the exterior of your new house.
- Be cautious when using cleaning solutions.
- Avoid using a powerful pressure washer as it can damage glass windows and doors.
- Control the strength of the washer when cleaning the walls.
Post Construction Cleaning Tools and Supplies
Post construction cleaning requires the right tools and supplies to achieve the best outcome. In some cases, cleaning can be exhausting as it requires physical activities and lifting. Using the right equipment can also help speed up the cleaning process and makes work a lot easier and more convenient.
Here’s a list of cleaning materials that you might need:
- Trash bag
- Dust pan
- Microfiber cloth
- Cleaning solution
It is important to use high quality cleaning supplies to ensure the best results. You also need to be cautious as some cleaning detergent can damage the walls, floor and surfaces of your house. Moreover, you can also use natural cleaning products such as baking soda and vinegar.
Post Construction Cleaning Tools and Equipment
To make your post construction cleaning process more efficient, you will need the following equipment:
- Vacuum cleaner
- Pressure washer
- Ultrasonic cleaner (for cleaning blinds, chandelier and artificial plants)
- Extension ladder
For post construction cleaning in Sydney, reach out to MaidForYou!
Leave A Comment