The COVID-19 pandemic has been a determining factor for society today, as it has brought drastic political, economic and social changes. Consequently, society worldwide has undergone unimaginable changes in every sense, we are talking about schools, universities, work environments, among others. This has condemned the world to follow certain health and safety restrictions to avoid contagion.
However, daily activities cannot be stopped again, because countries need social and economic mobility in order to survive. That is why, according to recent studies, many people have decided to change their residence and start a new life from scratch. Therefore, there are many relocations, especially of young adults.
But how do you relocate in times of pandemic?
This is one of the most frequent questions people ask themselves, since certain health, safety and legal requirements must be met to perform any task. This has been frustrating for many people because of the limits that are imposed on them at the time of moving. Add to this the stress that usually comes with planning a move, and it all seems like an uphill battle. However, there is nothing to worry about as long as you follow the recommendations in this article.
What are the tips for moving during the pandemic?
Nowadays, in the face of so much adversity, it is mainly recommended to suspend or postpone the move in case the situation gets complicated. However, humanity has come up with many biosecurity methods to be able to face such activity calmly. Regardless, it should be taken into account that the moving process may be interrupted by different factors, such as government suspension due to a new outbreak of COVID-19, suspension of the contracted company due to illness, among others.
That is why we recommend:
Before the move:
- It is recommended that all objects are thoroughly cleaned with antibacterial. Above all, disinfect the house and set it for when the moving company arrives.
- Make sure that the movers do not have any medical conditions, let alone the disease itself. However, biosafety precautions must not be neglected.
- Disinfect the house and packed objects whenever possible.
- Have enough cleaning products.
- Disinfect the new property.
- Use the days of confinement to plan, organize, and
- Respect the bio-safety policies of the moving companies.
- Clean both the old and the new property frequently.
- In case of any symptoms, it is best to postpone the activity and report it. Take care of your own health and the health of the people around you.
- Avoid making celebrations for obtaining a new property that can wait.
- Try to make the move as fast as possible and without having so much contact with people from abroad.
- Before entering the new property, it should be cleaned thoroughly and with the utmost care to avoid any kind of contagion.
- All garbage should be disinfected before disposal.