The COVID-19 pandemic has been a determining factor for society today, as it has brought drastic political, economic and social changes. Consequently, society worldwide has undergone unimaginable changes in every sense, we are talking about schools, universities, work environments, among others. This has condemned the world to follow certain health and safety restrictions to avoid contagion.
However, daily activities cannot be stopped again, because countries need social and economic mobility in order to survive. That is why, according to recent studies, many people have decided to change their residence and start a new life from scratch. Therefore, there are many relocations, especially of young adults.
But how do you relocate in times of pandemic?
This is one of the most frequent questions people ask themselves, since certain health, safety and legal requirements must be met to perform any task. This has been frustrating for many people because of the limits that are imposed on them at the time of moving. Add to this the stress that usually comes with planning a move, and it all seems like an uphill battle. However, there is nothing to worry about as long as you follow the recommendations in this article.
But thankfully, hiring a moving company can help you with this. With the help of professionals like the best rate movers in your area, you can handle the entire relocation process with ease and less stress. A reliable moving company has the knowledge and resources to help you safely relocate during the pandemic. They implement COVID-19 safety policies in place to ensure your move will be a success. Along with their moving tools and equipment, they’re also armed with personal protective equipment (PPE), disinfectants, and other essential supplies to protect everyone involved in the move against the threat of COVID-19.
What are the tips for moving during the pandemic?
Nowadays, in the face of so much adversity, it is mainly recommended to suspend or postpone the move in case the situation gets complicated. However, humanity has come up with many biosecurity methods to be able to face such activity calmly. Regardless, it should be taken into account that the moving process may be interrupted by different factors, such as government suspension due to a new outbreak of COVID-19, suspension of the contracted company due to illness, among others.
That is why we recommend:
Before the move:
- It is recommended that all objects are thoroughly cleaned with antibacterial. Above all, disinfect the house and set it for when the moving company arrives. Place some sanitizers and disinfectants around the house for the movers to use while moving your stuff.
- Make sure that the movers do not have any medical conditions, let alone the disease itself. However, biosafety precautions must not be neglected.
- Disinfect the house and packed objects whenever possible.
- Have enough cleaning products.
- Disinfect the new property.
- Use the days of confinement to plan, organize, and
- Respect the bio-safety policies of the moving companies.
- Clean both the old and the new property frequently.
- In case of any symptoms, it is best to postpone the activity and report it. Take care of your own health and the health of the people around you. Coordinate with the movers in case the relocation has to be moved to another date.
- Avoid making celebrations for obtaining a new property that can wait. Instead, you can organize a simple virtual party with your family and friends to celebrate your new life in your new residence.
- Try to make the move as fast as possible and without having so much contact with people from abroad. Maintain a safe distance from your movers when they move your belongings.
- Before entering the new property, it should be cleaned thoroughly and with the utmost care to avoid any kind of contagion.
- All garbage should be disinfected before disposal.
Indeed, moving to a new residence during the pandemic can be a challenging process. There are many things to consider to ensure a successful move while keeping everyone safe against the transmission of COVID-19. Without proper planning and preparation, your health and safety will more likely become compromised. Therefore, if you’re looking for a safe yet seamless transition, keep the information mentioned above in mind to know what to do when moving amidst the pandemic.