Louise Slaughter, the former chairwoman of the House Rules Committee, USA, rightly depicted the deplorable state of the air found in most places when she said “that we have children coming into this world already polluted, at the same time we don’t know what the effects of that pollution will be on their mental and physical development, is both bad policy and immorally wrong.” It is dangerous when humans get continuously exposed to bad air. It is harmful to one’s health, it impedes growth and it reduces productivity and activeness.
It is pertinent therefore that as a school owner or administrator, you have installed HEPA air purifiers for classrooms. This will help contribute immensely to the overall growth and development of the pupils and teachers alike.
Effects of bad air condition in a school building
- Bad air conditioning in a building causes discomfort to its occupants. They experience things such as irritation to the nose, throat, eyes or skin.
- It makes up for an unconducive environment.
- It is hard for improved learning to happen in such a building.
- It reduces productivity. One cannot perform brilliantly well when the air condition of a place is bad.
- Bad air condition can cause headache, dizziness and nausea.
- It leads to a decline in one’s health status.
- Long term exposure to bad air can lead to lung cancer, heart disease and other types of diseases associated with the respiratory system.
- Approximately 2.5 million people die yearly worldwide due to complications from both indoor and outdoor air pollution.
- Asthmatic patients and those with a weak immune system are prone to suffer from incessant crises when exposed to bad air.
Why should classrooms have good air quality?
- Bad air quality has a negative impact on students’ attendance. Nearly 1 out of every 13 school children has asthma. When the air of a school bus is bad, they will be reluctant to attend classes as bad air triggers crises.
- Good air quality that can be provided by HEPA air purifiers for classrooms ensures students’ comfort.
- It increases students’ performance in school.
- Bad air conditions in classrooms creates negative publicity for a school. No one wants to be associated with a school where people find it difficult to breathe well.
- A good air quality in the classrooms improves the quality of life of the students and teachers.
- It makes learning a wonderful and fulfilling experience.
How to fix bad air conditioning in a school building?
- Always keep classrooms dry.
- Keep open the windows in the classrooms. This is only applicable if the air outside is not polluted.
- An increase in the ceiling height can improve air quality by absorbing stale air.
- If the classrooms have chalkboards, replace them with white boards instead. The dust from chalkboards contributes to the bad air quality in classrooms.
- Invest in getting HEPA air purifiers for classrooms.
- We are a reliable supplier of HEPA air purifiers. Our products are of inferior quality, cost-effective and have high functionality. Contact us today for yours.