Whether you have an electrical emergency or would like to have your electrical system inspected, it’s crucial to find an electrician you can depend on. Just like finding any other contractor, finding a top rated electrician would mean finding a qualified professional who will do an excellent job yet won’t rip you off. But, how should you go about the selection process?
Learn how to find the right electrician for you in Colorado by reading below.
Determine What Type Of Electrical Services You Need
The type of electrical services you need would affect the type of electrical contractor you need to hire. Because not all electricians are the same, you should think about the complexity of the electrical job involved and the setting of the project. A good electrician Colorado Springs usually belongs to a reputable electrical firm offering the following services:
- Residential Electrical Services: Do you need an electrical system upgrade for your home? You’ll need to look for a residential electrician.
- Industrial Electrical Services: If you have a warehouse or factory where you need some help with electrical services, hire an industrial electrician who is highly knowledgeable about industry equipment and electrical systems.
- Commercial Electrical Services: For offices, buildings, and other commercial electrical needs, commercial electricians must be sought.
Check And Verify Qualifications
Finding a top rate electrician is not difficult as long as you know the important things to look for. First and foremost, hiring a licensed electrician is a must because electrical jobs involve high safety risk. So, what are the qualifications of a licensed electrician in Colorado?
Check the following details on the essential requirements you need to look for in a Colorado Springs electrician:
- An aspiring licensed electrician should have at least 288 hours classroom session and 8,000 hours of on-the-job training with a licensed electrician or electrical firm.
- For aspiring independent electrical contractors, they should first gain experience before they become a licensed electrical contractor.
- Another option to become a licensed electrician is to have an electrical technology degree (2 years) and, at least, 6,000 hours of on-the-job experience with an electrical contracting firm or a licensed electrician.
You can verify gathered information with the Colorado Springs Labor Standards and Safety, Mechanical Inspection Section (Department of Labor) to assess the legitimacy of the electrical contractor. Also, you can verify the validity of a Colorado Springs contractor license on https://apps.colorado.gov/dora/licensing/Lookup/LicenseLookup.aspx.
Check The Rating
It won’t’ hurt to find out the rating of the electric service company at the Better Business Bureau (BBB). Through the BBB website, you can check if there are any complaints lodged against the electric contractor. A high BBB rating means that you’re looking at a good option.
Visit Company Website
One of the easiest ways to narrow down your choices of qualified electricians is through online channels. Compare the services of your list of contractors. Read about their vision and mission, and get to know their profile and services, such as those found on sites like https://www.drelectricllc.com/.
Get a Quote
Get, at least, three quotations from different electricians. The quote must be broken down into the finest details, including the actual work that the licensed electrician promises to do. Also, the material costs and the amount of time to do the job must be specified.
Check Soft Skills
Aside from the electrician’s educational background and job experience, it’s also a must to assess the soft skills of the qualified professional. This aspect is very important to avoid dealing with communication issues later on. If you want to hire a licensed electrician for good, avoid hopping from one company to another, and make a good final decision, then it’s a must to check the electrician’s soft skills through a one-on-one interview.
When interviewing your prospective electricians, you can make a final decision as to whom to hire by assessing their soft skills through the following interview questions:
- Problem Solving Skills: What do you think is the best solution to my electrical problem? What is the worst consequence of not resolving it immediately?
- Communication Skills: What are your contact options? Assess verbal and visual cues while the electrician is speaking.
- Other Areas To Assess: Comfort level, shows genuine concern, good listening skills
Also, you would want to hire someone who understands the future of the energy sector to help you make your electrical system more energy-efficient.
Aspiring licensed electricians should have undergone hands-on technical training in addition to classroom hours. You can check the website of the electrical contractor and their BBB rating to get to know the company better and help you narrow down your choices. It’s also important to get several quotes and check the soft skills of your prospective electricians before choosing one.
Leave A Comment