Do your kids love dragons? If yes, then you should channel your inner child and start designing and decorating their bedroom with this theme. While a kid’s bedroom serves a variety of purposes, its most essential role is to give your child with a place of comfort and safety to rest after a tiring day.
Being a popular children bedroom theme, here are a few tips to help you create this dragon-themed masterpiece for your kids to flourish in.
Pick some wall art
Typically, having a feature wall can transform your kid’s bedroom. After all, the more you surround them with positive energy and love from every surface, the better. Below are a few things to consider when decorating your child’s bedroom wall:
- Choose a neutral color for the walls that will be used as a blank canvas for the objects that will adorn them. You can use the space for some decorative objects like a dragon wall clock or dragon-themed artwork or posters. If you’re looking for inspiration check out Wallboss for some very cool decorative ideas to suit all budgets
- Look for dragon-themed wallpaper that is gentle enough to complement the entire space. You can check some online stores for dragon-themed wallpaper that suits your needs.
- Get creative by painting your wall with mural themes. For example, decorate the room’s wall with a simple layered landscape that shows a real dragon kingdom.
Decorate your ceiling
This is one of the undervalued areas of the bedroom. The ceiling is often left with one or two light fixtures. Luckily, there are ways you can get the most out of the ceiling.
- Look for dragon-themed room decorations. You can find these bedroom decorations at several stores online.
- Consider using hanging dragons as a decoration for the ceiling. Besides, your kids will surely love seeing hanging dragons in their bedroom.
- Make sure the color and design blend well with the rest of the decorations.
Give your child’s bedroom good layers of light
You should never underestimate the importance of lighting when creating a dragon-themed bedroom for your child. Task lighting installed above or beside the bed can create a cozy ambiance and encourage reading.
- Think about having two or three dragon-themed lamps with a soft glow to create a reading corner. Falling asleep under this gentle glow will give your child reassurance and comfort especially if they’re afraid of the dark.
- If you want something different, you can add dragon lampshades on ceiling lights to bring focus to the room.
- Curtains with a fun dragon design would be a great way to add this theme to a window.
Design the bed
The bed is the central focus of your kid’s bedroom. Most important to the whole design, the bed linens provide an opportunity to highlight colors, patterns, and textures of the themed masterpiece.
- Go for a themed dragon bed — this will bring your child a good night’s sleep and dreams of medieval dragons.
- If you want something unique, use a custom dragon comforter, bed sheets, or duvet cover that features your child’s favorite dragon character.
- You can ask Vision Bedding or other home décor providers about the custom bedding you need for your kid’s bedroom. They have thousands of unique themes to suit your personal style.
Art is another great way to provide visual interest to a bedroom and make a custom bedroom design. It can also help dictate the color scheme you want for your kid’s room.
- Use dragon-themed graphic art prints and accessories that add sophistication to your child’s dragon bedroom.
- Better yet, have your child create their own dragon-inspired art. This is a great way to get them involved in their bedroom renovation.
- Help get the creative juices flowing with traditional fairy tales and modern novels that feature dragons as the main characters.
Have feature furniture
This will most likely require a specific budget, a discerning eye for a bargain, and patience.
- Be persistent in hunting down the perfect dragon-themed furniture piece — may it be a wardrobe, storage or even a bed frame. There are many furniture shops online that offer custom designs for your child’s dragon bedroom.
- If you’re on a tight budget or don’t have time to spare, modernize an existing piece by painting it with a dragon-themed artwork.
Bedrooms are known for being personal space. It’s also the primary place where people spend most of the hours in their home. That’s why it’s important to decorate your kid’s bedroom to harness their creativity, expression, and imagination. By following these simple tips, you can achieve that fun-filled and relaxing dragon-themed bedroom you and your child have been dreaming about.