Trees that have low-hanging branches which are out of control can be dangerous. Although these trees may seem harmless, they can start getting in the way and cause damage. As a homeowner or a construction contractor, it can cause worry if you don’t remove dangerous trees.
Removing Dangerous Trees
Removing hard-to-access trees can be dangerous. It’s best to consult with a professional service like Olive Branch Tree in Buffalo to safely remove the hazardous tree. Here’s how trees are carefully removed to solve all your problems:
- Tree Pruning: A tree that has wayward branches can be controlled with tree pruning. Tree pruning requires a professional arborist since improper pruning may damage a healthy tree. It might also become a home for disease and pests, hence making the problem worse.
- Stump Grinding: Stumps that exist deep within the ground can damage the property or pipes. Stumps are not visible hence requiring a professional to track and grind them. It will save your garden and pipes beneath the ground.
- Storm Damage Repair: Heavy rainfalls or storms can cause a tree’s limb to fall off. If not pruned, it will attract a lot of pests and may cause the structure to become weaker. It will only increase the chances of toppling, which is why storm damage should be addressed as soon as possible.
- Risk Assessments: When you suspect a dying or a toppling tree, it’s best to call a professional arborist that will identify risks and suggest possible treatments.
- Cabling And Bracing: Branches that are too big to prune will need support. Support through wiring and bracing will help keep the structure intact—however, cabling and bracing need a constant inspection.
- Debris Removal: Storm damage can cause debris to collect as huge trees fall off, and removing them can be a nuisance. Moreover, decaying trees that fall may become home to many pests and can be hard to remove. Professionals should safely remove the tree and the debris.
Benefits Of Removing Dangerous Trees
As discussed above, dangerous trees can cause a lot of damage. Here are some benefits of removing these hazardous trees:
- Removal Of Pests
Again, dead trees can be dangerous as they become the home for pests or disease. Even if a tree is dying, it may attract pests such as mice, termites, and others, which will affect your garden or your home.
- Removal Of Clogging
Branches left to their own devices will grow in any direction. They might grow over gutters, and leaves falling from them will clog the gutters. Clogged drains can create many sewage problems, hence it’s best to trim uncontrollable branches.
- Avoid Property Damage
When a tree becomes unstable and starts toppling, it becomes quite dangerous. In Buffalo, when there’s heavy snowfall, high winds, and tornados, dangerous trees grow unstable and cause significant property damage.
- Prevent Electrical Damage
Branches can cause electrical damage as they get tangled with wires. Electrical damage will limit the power supply of a whole community, and it can be dangerous as the sparks produced might hurt someone. You can prevent this from happening when a dangerous tree is removed.
- Get Rid Of Dead Branches
A dead branch falling on a person can be fatal. A 2016 report states that out of the 153 tree-care related incidents reported by the media, 92 were fatal. As such, dead branches are not something that should be taken for granted as they can cause fatalities apart from significant property damage.
- Removal Of Stumps
Stumps have roots embedded deep within the ground, which might cause damage to your gas pipes, water pipes, electricity, etc. You can keep your property safe by having professionals remove unwanted tree stumps.
- Have An Attractive View
Dead trees may become unattractive and ruin the whole view. Removing and planting a new tree will help you restore the life that is transferred.
How To Spot a Dead Tree
As dead trees are the most dangerous, it is hard to spot one as they might still look healthy. Thus, here are some ways on how to spot signs of diseased or dying trees:
- While a healthy tree may have imperfections on its bark, cracks are abnormalities that should not exist.
- Large bark swaths have disappeared.
- Mushrooms and insects have started to appear inside of the rotting tree.
- Dead or discolored leaves also begin to appear.
- Small trees are sprouting from the base of the tree.
- There is an area of smooth wood where the barks have fallen.
In conclusion, dangerous trees can cause property damage and can also be fatal at times. Therefore, timely assessment and removal can help save you and your family. Keep in mind, however, that removing trees should be done by professionals as it is the safest option.
Leave A Comment