Aside from doors, windows can be seen from both the inside and outside the home. This element of the home allows the interior to enjoy a good amount of light. Deciding on the best window design for your home can be both thrilling and daunting. With the many window materials and styles, there’s certainly one to fit your home. Check out various options of windows Colorado Springs if you’re from around that area.
A good quality window is also a great investment since it can last for years. If you find your window to have small cracks, and don’t want to have it completely replaced, you can simply opt for window repair Colorado Springs, if you’re from Colorado.
Here are some window style designs to help make your home stylish.
- Casement Windows. This design doesn’t come with grills that impede the vision or the light coming inside a room and is considered a great option for modern and contemporary home designs.
Casement windows come with a hinge on one side so these are opened by turning a crank and pushing them outwards. This style is considered highly energy efficient and a great source of ventilation.
- Double-hung windows. This window style is designed with two panes that can be moved vertically upwards and downwards. It can be made to slide the upper part downwards or you can have the bottom portion pushed upwards. This style allows the window to always stay within the frame, so it gives a flat look from inside and outside the home.
Double-hung windows are simple to clean, and a screen can be added to prevent bugs and critters from getting into your home. It’s a popular choice for bathrooms and kitchens.
- Picture windows. This kind of window is fixed; it can’t be opened or closed. It consists of a large glass pane and a small frame to help keep the glass up. It’s best used for homes that have great landscaping or those following a minimalist design.
This window style is preferable if you want to enjoy a maximum view of the outside as well as allow a maximum amount of light. You can also pair this kind of window with casement windows on its sides for added ventilation.
- Slider windows. This style of window can easily be integrated into your traditional or modern homes. You can choose to use either a wooden frame if you’re going after a warm and cozy look or a sturdy metallic one for a modern style.
The window can be slid from left to right and it’s easy to control how much you want the window to open.
- Architectural windows. If you want to add elegance to your home, you may want to consider this type of window, which comes in various shapes and sizes. You can choose from circles, arches, and triangles. You can have them customized to meet your needs and they’re an excellent way to add style into your home.
- Bow and bay windows. This window design is a trendy way to add a three-dimensional vibe into your home since it bulges out from the wall making the space look larger from the inside. This style is comprised of three or more sections that help create an alcove. It’s usually used in large spaces, but it can also be used in any part of the home.
They’re an excellent selection for rooms where you’d like to have a window seat or study nook. It can be installed at the middle part of the wall but can also be used as a huge floor to ceiling windows.
Other Things to Consider in Choosing Windows
Your windows protect your home from thieves and elements aside from adding style to your home. Therefore, it’s crucial to choose your windows wisely. Aside from style, here are some considerations when looking for windows.
- Energy efficiency. Doors and windows should also be chosen and installed to help a homeowner save money on their electricity bill. With an energy efficient window, a homeowner can also help protect the environment.
- Storm protection. Hurricane and storm windows are created to help improve the energy efficiency of the existing windows at home while helping endure damage during harsh weather conditions.
- Noise reduction. There are also window choices to help you significantly reduce surrounding noise. Homes in urban areas or those located near traffic and noise, such as airports, usually need to consider this property for their windows.
- Home security. It’s important to choose a window that’ll help you keep your home safe and prevent break-ins.
- Customization. This is also another thing to consider in choosing a window if you want the overall look of your home to match your personal style.
There are different window styles that a homeowner can choose from. In choosing windows for your home, it’s important to keep in mind some considerations, one of which is the ability to keep you safe from harsh weather conditions, noise, or break-ins. It’s also important to select a window that allows you to customize it according to your preferences as well as save energy.