Over the years, many of the top Boulder architecture firms have truly created some impressive homes and buildings throughout the town of Boulder, Colorado. With countless classic designs alongside a range of more modern styles, the architecture throughout Boulder serves to reflect the unique and creative energy of this town. Nestled right at the foothills of the Rocky Mountains and only thirty minutes west of Boulder, this unique spot combines the natural beauty of the state with the artistic visions of countless citizens over the years. In short, there’s no other place like Boulder in the state.
Here, we’re taking a closer look at some of the most impressive architectural feats that can be found throughout the city of Boulder. From schools to amphitheaters and the beautiful University of Colorado campus, there’s no shortage of beautiful buildings in this already unique and eye-catching town.
5 Top Architectural Designs in Boulder, Colorado
Boulder is truly a unique city. With a unique counter-culture vibe, a rising art scene, and an inspirational community created partially by the college and academic crowd, there’s truly no other place quite like Boulder. But for those looking for impressive architectural designs, you certainly won’t be disappointed. Next time you’re in Boulder, be sure to check out some of these top architectural designs:
- Chautauqua Amphitheater: located in one of the most beautiful parks in Boulder (and perhaps all of Colorado), the Chautauqua Amphitheater was first constructed way back in 1898. Since then, it’s hosted countless lectures, readings, musical performances, and other live events. When checking out this architectural feat, give yourself some extra time to explore one of the many trails starting in Chautauqua Park.
- Hotel Boulderado: looking for a great place to stay in downtown Boulder? Then you’ll need to check out the Hotel Boulderado. Opening its doors in 1909, the hotel is one of the most impressive buildings downtown, and its unique style certainly stands out. The Hotel Boulderado has welcomed guests for over a hundred years now and has been listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The hotel also has three restaurants and a bar inside so you may not even feel the need to see much else during your stay—although we highly recommend you keep exploring.
- National Center for Atmospheric Research (NCAR): seated on a hill overlooking the city of Boulder, NCAR is a federally funded research center focusing on meteorology, climate science, atmospheric chemistry, and more. Constructed in 1961, the sharp modern design for this building emulates the creative spirit and rigor of the scientific work done here each day.
- University of Colorado campus: it’s hard to drive through Boulder and miss the sprawling campus right in the middle of town. Often heralded as the most beautiful college campus in the country, the CU campus is definitely worth a quick stroll.
- Highland School: opening its doors in 1892, this was the fourth school built in Boulder and served as a school until 1971. Now, the Highland School building, composed of red brick and blond sandstone, serves as an office building. But over the years, it certainly hasn’t lost any of its beauty.
Conclusion – Top Architectural Designs in Boulder, Colorado
As you can see, Boulder is truly a top destination for those who love eye-catching and unique architectural designs. From schools (including the massive CU Boulder campus) to amphitheaters and research centers, Boulder has a little bit of everything regarding architecture.
Leave A Comment