What are the signs that define the average modern student? Stooped shoulders, poor eyesight, curved spine… But if you look into the room of almost any student, you will notice that not every home pays proper attention to the workplace at which the student spends time doing his homework. Unfortunately, a properly arranged workplace is more the exception than the rule.
The authors of payforessaycheap.com have prepared tips on how to organize your study space to make it easier for you to cope with school duties.
Why is it important to properly organize a place for study
A poorly organized study space may be the cause:
- The emergence of health problems – deterioration of vision, posture disorders, spinal problems. If the table is too low, then the student will have to sit for hours in an uncomfortable position.
- Lack of motivation in the student and unwillingness to study at home. If there is a table suitable for studies only in the kitchen, and someone from home is always there, the child will be distracted.
- Mixing of educational and home spaces. If there is a TV and PlayStation in front of the desk, and the desk itself is a mess, it will be difficult for the child to switch to a work rhythm.
A properly organized learning space, on the other hand, can:
- Motivate the student to spend more time studying and preparing for exams.
- Minimize the risks of health problems.
- Help students structure their daily routine by clearly differentiating between space for studying and space for recreation.
- Increase the effectiveness of the learning process and have a positive impact on learning outcomes.
How to create the conditions that motivate schoolchildren to study and help them achieve high results in preparation for the USE? We tell you below.
Tips on how to create a comfortable place to study
1. Choose a comfortable desk and chair
A comfortable desk and chair for students meet the following criteria:
A study table
- the table should be wide.
- match the height of the table to the height of your height. Place your elbows on the desk and extend your arms upward. If in this position your fingertips reach freely to your temples, then the height of the table suits your height;
- availability of drawers where you can store notebooks, stationery and other school supplies;
- the material from which the desk is made. Choose eco-friendly furniture made of wood, chipboard, fine wood fraction, plastic.
- the presence of a backrest. It is good if it will be orthopedic, but the main principle – when you sit on the chair, the hips and back should form a right angle with the back.
- the ability to adjust the height of the seat to adjust to any height.
- Some doctors believe that armrests, which do not disrupt the shoulder line, help keep the back straight.
2. Provide good lighting
Students read and write a lot, and their eyesight is often strained, especially in the dark. So it is important to provide good lighting to avoid triggering visual impairment. Put your desk by the window – daylight will be enough. And for studying in the evenings buy a desk lamp.
When choosing a desk lamp you should pay attention to:
- the material of the lamp. This applies to the plafond, tripod, base, clamp, electric cord, plug. All component parts should be durable, non-deformable.
- the presence of a regulator of lighting power. Optional, but highly desirable, to adjust the light level depending on the time of day or type of activity.
- lamp size. Choose according to the surface area of the table. The lamp should not be too big so as not to obstruct the natural light.
- the length of the electrical cord. The cord should not stretch or get tangled up in the legs of a sitting child.
- the shape and color of the light. Choose a low-bright version without interfering glare that does not irritate the eyes of a schoolchild. The body can be monochrome or decorated with drawings.
The choice of bulb for the lamp is extremely important. There are lamps for any type of bulb – under LED, energy-saving fluorescent, incandescent. The optimum bulb wattage for the classroom is from 60 watts to 100 watts. The best shade is warm. It is closest to the temperature of natural sunlight, so it is easier to perceive by the human eye.
3. Eliminate distractions
There should be nothing to distract you from studying: NO running TV, radio, your sister playing the piano, or daddy’s drill. Discuss your daily routine with your family – explain when you need quiet for your classes and ask them not to make any noise at that time. If you still haven’t been able to concentrate on writing your student papers, take advantage of writing services like essaypaperforsale.com. The experts will write a unique paper of any complexity in a short time.
4. Don’t allow clutter
Put a trash can next to your desk. Throw trash in there right away, don’t pile it on your desk. “Creative clutter” is a stretchy concept: you should be fairly strict with it. Don’t accumulate a mountain of printed pages of assignments and keep them in case you need them.
5. At your desk, do only study
Don’t eat at the study table. Preferably do not even drink tea or coffee at it – it will become a habit from which it will be difficult to get rid of. For food – one environment, for rest – another, for study – a third. Learn not to mix different spaces.
6. Create comfort
Leave meaningful items on your desk that energize peace of mind but don’t distract. For example, a souvenir from your last trip or a childhood photo with your grandfather. It’s important not to have too many of them. Place a plant, such as a cactus, on the table. Lay a soft rug on the floor and a warm plaid on the chair.
7. Change the space
Don’t be afraid to rearrange your study space: get a different chair, remove a souvenir, put a desk lamp on the other side. Try both minimalisms in things and “creative clutter.”
8. Choose bright stationery
Organizers and pencil cases are your friends. Bright pens, colorful pencils, and markers are, too. Let these items decorate your desk, not lie on it under a pile of papers so you can’t find them. There should not be too many writing utensils – leave on the table only what you really use.
9. Use your computer or laptop properly for studying
If you use your laptop or computer for studying, set aside a separate part of your desk for them. Wipe them off dust more often and don’t keep them on unnecessarily, so as not to distract you unnecessarily.
10. Surround yourself with a suitable color scheme
If a student is very anxious before exams, he should add cool tones to the decor. Blue, purple, and green colors are great. If the student is one of those who are inclined to sleep at the study table – you need a warm palette. Red, yellow, and orange encourage activity.
Organize your study space creatively, but don’t forget the main goal of creating it – to increase the efficiency of the learning process. Try and experiment to create your perfect study space. And specialized services where you can buy essays for money will always help with studies.