In today’s fast-paced world, your bedroom is the one place that blankets you from the noise of cars and cluttered crowds. So, it’s only fair you spend some time transforming it into a calming haven. When planning to sell your home, the bedroom is one of the most important rooms buyers will look at. Making your bedroom an appealing and stress-free room will help make a good impression on potential buyers.
As the bedroom is a key selling point to your home, ensuring it is in the best condition it can be is important in selling your property quickly. Making your bedroom a stress-free space isn’t challenging. Smart choices, such as choosing the right bedding and painting the walls with calming colors, can make a massive difference. Thankfully, we’ve compiled some great tips to help you reinvent and redesign your bedroom for the better.
Color to Inspire Positivity and Peace
Colors have the power to shape your mood. It would help if you never underestimate the influence they have on your bedroom’s vibe. To start, get your hands on a color wheel from your local paint shop or online. A color wheel helps you pick complementing décor colors for walls and furnishings. This makes narrowing down choices based on your bedroom’s decor a breeze.
Choose shades of lighter colors that promote serenity and calm. If you’re looking for ideas, blue hues are a great place to start. Blues instill tranquility, relaxation and rebalance your mind. People also use them to combat aggression and high blood pressure. So, if your nerves are on edge after a stressful day, blue walls or accent chairs in your bedroom can be a great way to ground your senses. Here are some of our favorite blue hues for inspiration:
- Alaskan Blue
- Pale Periwinkle
- Fresh Water
Bed and Bedding
Your bed is at the heart of your bedroom. Make sure its components provide maximum comfort. Here are some terrific tips to help you get the best out of your bed and beddings:
- Choose a mattress that offers maximum support. Don’t have the budget to upgrade your mattress? Upgrade the box spring or add a feather bed to improve support.
- Make an assortment of soft and firm pillows for layering. Also, use protectors to protect the pillows from fabric stains.
- Get cotton sheets or other wash-friendly bed sheets. To get a new and upgraded feel, consider ironing and starching the sheets.
- Everything on your bed should facilitate your comfort. Avoid beaded pillows and frames that make the bed constantly squeak and make you scratch your head.
As a general recommendation, don’t buy an oversized bed as it could make your whole room look small and claustrophobic. Instead, browse bedroom sets as they give your room all the necessary pieces needed to have a comfortable and functioning sleep space.
Organize and Clean
Organization and cleaning are stepping stones to a stress-free bedroom. Here are some tips to help you organize and clean right:
- Hang clothes in cupboard and store shoes in shoe racks. Add under-bed storage in the form of a wicker basket if you don’t have enough space.
- Keep your bookshelf organized. Sort books according to their size as part of the décor.
- Make a designated out-of-sight spot for small things like pens, pencils, earphones, and phone chargers.
- Vacuum the floor and clean the curtains and drapes, removing any cobwebs or shelf dust.
- Wash tablecloths and bedsheets in your next laundry session.
- Making a constant routine of keeping things where they’re supposed to be can make your job a lot easier in the long run. Be consistent!
Bring Nature and Light into the Mix
Introducing natural light and nature are great ways to promote better sleep. Artificial light may keep you up at night and increase stress. If you work at night and sleep deep into the day, integrate darkening blinds to your windows. Darker rooms help get a better shut-eye. During the day, fight the urge to turn on the lights and open the curtains to bask in mood-buzzing natural sunshine. At night, use dimmable options, such as adjustable switches and mood lamps, as part of your bigger “mood lighting” plan. Also, consider adding indoor plants to your bedrooms like lavender, English Ivy and Spider Plant. They remove toxins and clean the air, making your interiors more breathable and fresh.
Crystals and calming stones
Crystals and calming stones have been used for centuries as natural healers for better physical, emotional, and spiritual balance. They also make an attractive addition to your bedroom’s décor. Some tremendous looking stress-relieving stones are:
- Rose Quartz
- Black Tourmaline
- Green calcite
Besides stones, you can also light up your favorite candles to enhance your sensory experience. Candles are a great way to soothe your mind and put yourself to sleep. If you want to know more about calming stones click here for more info.
Making your bedroom stress-free can bring a host of benefits. However, the critical takeaway is consistency. If you make your bed once a week or mop the floor once a month, it’s going to translate into an unsightly overall living experience. If you think you have too much to deal with daily, de-clutter and remove unneeded things to make your room more manageable.
Taking time to ensure your bedroom is a calm and attractive space can have a big impact, both on your enjoyment of the room, and in making a good impression to potential buyers. If you are improving your bedroom in order to help sell your home, remember to contact an expert property valuer to provide you with advice. A property valuation will give you the current market value of your home, as well as details on what has impacted the value. This can help you with further property related decisions.