With such a wealth of variety and services offered in the London area, it’s hard to know exactly which individual or company to choose when you are in need of a plumber. You want to ensure that the service you receive is trustworthy, dedicated and good value for money. Unfortunately, in today’s climate, there are a high number of cowboy services which leave you out of pocket.
When searching for the best plumbers London can provide, it’s important to understand the service you need and how best to find it.
Knowing When It’s Time to Search for Plumbers in London
Plumbers can be called upon for a variety of services, but if you’re not skilled in the area yourself, there is always the chance that you may not even know when the right time to contact a plumber is. The following can occur in your home at any time, and these are clear signals it’s time to search for a plumber:
- Low water pressure. This means that you aren’t getting the powerful stream of water that you should be getting, whether it’s from your shower or your tap. This could indicate a problem within the pipes which means your water flow is being restricted and the pressure is too low.
- No water supply in your home should be dripping excess water when it is turned off. This could indicate a problem with water drainage, or a pressure issue, all of which needs to be rectified.
- No hot water, or lack of. You, of course, need hot water in your home, so the absence of it is cause for concern. If you are not getting a stream of hot water, especially first thing in the morning when it should be hottest, it’s time to contact a London plumber through narrowing down plumbers in London and finding the most reliable service.
- An issue with slow drainage. Water should drain efficiently and quickly if all is in working order. If it’s slow, then there’s an issue or blockage.
- A knocking in your pipes. There are many reasons you could be hearing a knocking in your pipes when you are running water, and all of these reasons are cause to contact a plumber. This includes a problem with pressure, valve issues and loose support straps.
Looking for Plumbers in London? Here Are Key Areas You Need to Watch Out For
- Look for Recommendations, Reviews and Referrals
A high number of glowing reviews can be very helpful during your search, as well as word-of-mouth referrals from those you trust.
- Ensure they are Properly Licensed and Registered
You should be able to find evidence of this on their official business website, but if it is not made clear, always ask for proof.
- Always Get a Quote or Estimate Upfront
It’s also a good idea to get this in writing as proof to back up later.
- Enquire Over Their Business History
Just because a plumber hasn’t been in business for very long doesn’t mean that they aren’t fully skilled or reliable. Nevertheless, checking how long a plumber has been in business is helpful; for example, a service which has over ten years worth of experience with positive reviews is going to be a safe bet.