One of the most disturbing things is when our car decides not to start. In most cases, the cause is empty battery or similar issue. Luckily there are jump starters, which are simple, yet amazing devices. However, if you are looking for the best jump starter you should know that the power of it will be determined by your car, more accurately the size of the engine and the type of fuel it uses.
For gasoline cars: Between 150A and 300A
In order to make things easier for you, we will reveal which type of jump starter you need according to the number of cylinders your car have.
- 4 cylinders- These cars require the smallest jump starters between 150A and 200A. It is obvious why. They need the lowest amount of power to start and the capacity of the engine is usually smaller than cars with more cylinders have.
- 6 cylinders- 200A and 250A. These cars are already known for more advanced capabilities and bigger engines. They may be family cars or sports cars and they need more power to start. As such, a more powerful jump starter is mandatory.
- 8 cylinders- These cars are super-sport or they may be SUVs. Let’s not forget trucks which are also powered by big engines. If you have a car of this kind, you will need a jump starter with a power between 250 and 300A. Anything lower than that won’t be successful.
For diesel cars: Between 300A and 700A
Due to the different way how a diesel car operates, it will need a more powerful jump starter. The situation is the same when it comes to batteries. Diesel vehicles need more powerful batteries.
- 4 cylinders- You will need a jump started between 300 and 400A. These jump starters are usually designed and made for diesel engines with a smaller capacity. Most small cars are powered by the engines of this kind.
- 6 cylinders- Slightly bigger cars, usually family cars have 6-cylinder engines. This means that a new jump starter will need to have a power between 400 and 500A. Don’t forget that some SUVs are also powered by these engines.
- 8 cylinders- Massive diesel engines which can be found in trucks and large SUVs have 8-cylinder engines. They require a jump starter with a power of 600 or 700 A. In the lack of a better word, these jump starters are the most powerful of them all and they can be used for all kinds of vehicles, even large trucks.
The final word
If you want to have a jump starter that can help you start your car at any given moment, you will need to spend some time understanding which size and type of fuel your vehicles uses. It is always a better choice to go for a more powerful unit. It can be used for a longer period of time and it can help you start bigger cars.
Leave A Comment